Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday, Friday.

Wednesday was my last day at my internship. A bittersweet day. I was working at such an amazing school with some of the most amazing students. I loathed leaving them all. That's the bitter part. Now, I'm on my Christmas vacation. I'm spending the next week at my Grandmom's. My parents, brother, Grammy D, and my dog Jake are coming here on Saturday. And for the first time in a LONG time, my entire family will be together. That's the sweet part :)

This week has been a good week. I experienced a minor funk at the beginning, but thanks to Amanda, Alex, and some delicious wings the funk quickly disappeared. With Christmas only 2 days away, I'm finding myself thankful and humble for what I am blessed with in my life.

This week saw:

~ Christmas cards and cute gifts from my students.

~ Christmas movies like Elf and The Santa Clause

~ Taking in what the city had to offer for Christmas light displays. This house was top notch, a little overboard, but quite breath taking.


~ Finishing my Christmas shopping. Dear brother: You were the hardest to shop for this year. Next year, make a list :)

~ My last day at my internship. The students planned a surprise pizza party for noon hour. Though I had a inkling that there was a pizza party, I had no idea that there would be cake and a card signed by the students. I was pleasantly surprised and had to hold back tears. I honestly can't express in words how much I have enjoyed, learned, and loved these past 7 and a half weeks with the students. They have opened my eyes to the joys of teaching and I've learned just as much from them as I have from sitting in classes. I can't thank them enough and I'll miss them terribly!


~ Making Skype date plans with my best friend, Sara. She and I live in the same city, but because I'm home for Christmas vacation for the next 2 and half weeks, we thought it would be an awesome idea to Skype between now and the time I come back. A first for us :)

~ A messy road trip to my Grandmom's. Freezing rain and dark roads made for a long journey. But I am so happy to be here now!

Tomorrow Grandmom and I will be baking up a storm. Christmas Coffee Ring, Chocolate Roll, Marshmellow Squares and Ice Cream Squares. Pictures and blog post to come!

My blog posts for the next 2 weeks will be sparse. With Christmas this weekend, life will be busy and family filled. I'll be home for 4 short days, then the family and I are off to Florida for a weeks long vacation! Needless to say, I'm very excited!

If I don't get back on here before Sunday, Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!
Thanks for reading :)

Imagine via weheartit

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you got to watch The Santa Clause! Please tell your family I said Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I baked a few things today before I went into work. I can't wait to eat them all tomorrow, ha.

    ReplyDelete