Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reflection.

As the first week of December comes to a close, I find myself reflecting and being thankful for the things that I have and for the memories I have created this year.

Last night, I was writing Christmas cards to some of my long distance friends - looking at the pretty pictures on the front and reading the generic messages on the inside, trying to decide which card best suited which friend. Then came the personal messages I'd write to them - what do I say? How sentimental do I get? How much do I write? Is my printing legible? Oh, what a process!

Then, I found myself beginning to reminisce about the days I'd spent with these friends - whether it be in high school or through our 4 year degree at university. I am always so amazed and dumbfounded as to how quickly time flies by. It only seems like yesterday that I was crying and toying around with the idea of leaving university and spending the year at home because I missed my family and friends so much. Little did I know as that 18 year old first year university student that I would grow up in four years to become a more independent and self reliant person. I've come to appreciate the notion of family more and I've learned not to sweat the small stuff - that life could be much more complicated and filled with its daily hardships. Despite my insecurites and worries about being a bother to my friends, when they ask me what's wrong and if they can help, they actually do mean it. Friends are the shoulder to lean on and the presence in my life that keeps me level headed. Life, all in all, is pretty good.

So, if you're reading this post, here is my Christmas card to you:

Merry Christmas!
May this holiday season find you happy, relaxed, and filled with joy.
I cherish your friendship and the memories we have created together.
My life would not be the same without the impact you have had on my growth as my own individual. 
Thank you for being you.

Love, Melissa
xoxo



On another note, Amanda and I got our tree this past weekend. We decorated it with lovely decorations from Amanda's childhood (and a few cheap, cute ones from the Dollarama that I chose). Oh! And the tree skirt at the bottom is from my childhood :) More on these new lovely traditions on Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment