Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monday.

Last week was another fantastic week. I can't believe how quickly December is flying by. Only 6 short days till Christmas, ladies and gentleman.

I'm linking up with Amanda to talk about all the things I've loved over the last 7 days!



~ A week full of advent fun. Amanda and I made a donation to a charity, drank hot chocolate and watched Friends, and went to Christmas at the Playhouse! …speaking of which….

~ I went to Christmas at the Playhouse this year - which is something I've wanted to do for the last 4 years. I've heard of other people going and loving it, and I knew that it would be something I would also love. AND I DID! The music was amazing, the acting was great, and they sent a powerful message to their audience about perfection.



I think my favourite part was when they song "O Come All Ye Faithful." It was so good. A man and a woman did a duet of the song, which a huge choir of 30 people backing them up. It gave me the most goosebumps I've had in a long time and literally took my breath away. There was a tear or two, too. If I'm in the city this time next year, you bet your bottom dollar I'll be back again!

~ I downloaded new Christmas music this week. A few John Mellencamp songs ("I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus") and the new Michael Buble Christmas album. Fantastic and definitely putting me into the Christmas spirit.


~ Amanda gave me my Christmas present this week. It was a Christmas ornament that says "Christmas Together, Nothing Better." It now sits pretty on our Christmas tree in the living. A perfect symbol for the traditions and Christmas joy we have shared together this month.

This is what the verse on the box for the ornament said.
Awww.
~ I had a great conversation with my Dad on Facebook chat last week. He asked me to quote him in my next blog post. So here it is Dad - I hope you're reading:
[When talking about what we got members of our family for Christmas - so there would be no duplicate gifts]: "being together is a big gift in itself...right!! You can use that quote in your next blog"
Love you Dad!


Dad and I bringing in the Christmas tree for the house. Thanks for all the help, Dad!
~ Another great Sunday supper was had last night. It was much smaller, and we ordered pizza this time. The plan was to watch a Christmas movie, but the chatting and catching up trumped the festive film. Which I didn't mind at all, because we had a sweet dance party in the living - remotes as microphones and all! 




Thanks to all my friends and family for making last week another fabulous week. Here's hoping for the same this week! Wednesday is my last day with the students, and I am not looking forward to leaving them. I'll miss them lots. Blogposts about my last day to come!! 


xoxo



2 comments:

  1. I am smiling so big right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we all wrote about Sunday supper on our blog posts today!

    ReplyDelete