1) She gives the best hugs. And she always says things like "You can eat, but I need a hello hug first." Then she'll give you the biggest and warmest hug and whisper something heartwarming in your ear like "I love you."
2) She will let you do loads and loads of laundry. And if you talk nicely, she'll probably fold your clothes and bring them up from the basement for you (when you accidentally forget about them).
3) She sends you home with a fridge full of leftovers. This weekend I came home with 3 containers full of homemade minestrone soup, a container of homemade clam chowder, a container of leftover spaghetti, a container of homemade chili and half a dozen of her famous Grandmom rolls! She also has a special cooler that she sets aside just for my food that she sends me home with. I don't know why, but the cooler makes me smile more then the food.
4) Sitting and watching movies with her on a Saturday night. This is one of our rituals. One night, we watched 3 movies! We just recline in the lazy boys, she'll drink a glass of wine and I'll have a beer, and we watch chick flicks and intense dramas. And we always turn the television off raving about how good the movie was as we both walk up the stairs to go to our bedrooms. Bonding.
5) She loves when I cook for her. Even though my portions are always way to big for her to eat them all, she'll try her best to clean the plate. When she doesn't, she'll say over and over again, "This doesn't mean I didn't love it. It was delicious!!"
She's a pretty special lady, and I love her with all my heart. Grandmom, if you're reading this, thanks for being the best you!