Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Friday (Friday)

Hello all!

What a great week this has been. I celebrated my birthday this week, and it was FANTASTIC! It was exactly what I wanted. Something small with not a lot of fuss.

Here are some things that made me super happy this week (channeling my inner Amanda):

~ Coming back to the city. Though it meant starting classes again, I love being back with my friends and in my 2nd home.

~ My birthday was this week. Turning 23 didn't impact me as much as I thought it would. It just sort of breezed on by. Couldn't ask for anything less :)

~ Thoughtful and touching birthday cards from friends and family. This one from my Grammy D. really warmed my heart:
 "You've always been a very special graddaughter
and your caring and thoughtfulness
are appreciated now more than ever. 

Even though you're busy, 
you take time to give 
a lot of happiness - 
it's no wonder 
you're loved so much."

<3

~ I got an amazing birthday surprise from my friends on Wednesday. What I thought was going to be a small and quaint birthday meal with 4 friends turned into a surprise birthday meal with 12 great friends! My first "surprise" birthday party - and I loved it! I couldn't stop smiling the whole time, and I've been bragging up my amazing friends to my family ever since :) 

Photos from the surprise birthday dinner Wednesday night! 






~ A 2 hour Skype date with Kathryn on Wednesday. Beyond excited for her to arrive back in the city on Monday! 

~ A 2.5 hour Skype date with Cara on Thursday. I love skyping with Cara because I leave feeling warm and fuzzy inside and really good about myself. Thanks friend <3

~ Naps. There truly is nothing better then a good and solid nap. 

Here's to a great week, and what looks like it's going to be a great weekend! 

----------------------------

Shout out to my amazing and wonderful friend Katie who turns 23 today! 


Here are just a few reasons why I love this girl so much: 

  • She'll help you stalk your brother around the high school during his freshmen year - just to pester and bother him…and maybe embarrass him too! 
  • She has an amazing sense of humour, and finds the lightheartedness in every situation. 
  • Even though she was a band nerd, she stuck by this choir nerd all 4 years of high school. 
  • She put up with my fear of moving away from home and my constant whining and begging that she not move to Ottawa after high school.
  • When she did end up going to Ottawa, she surprises you when you are at your lowest of lows when she comes home for a long weekend. 
  • What I have discovered after my birthday earlier this week, she is an amazing gift giver! Please refer to the photo below: 
  • Sleepovers. So many sleepovers. 
  • Frozen pizzas. So many frozen pizzas. 
  • Dance parties. So many dance parities. (No pageant queen will ever match our mad skills). 
  • The Johnville Bonneville. <3
  • No matter how long it's been since we last talked or have seen each other in person, we always can reconnect and end up right back were our friendship began. Love! 
Happiest of birthday's to you Katie. I'm glad that you were around to celebrate mine on Monday, and I'm glad I'm able to help celebrate yours tonight. Thanks for being a best friend. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment