Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hello Again, Vancouver.

It's always nice to get away. Whether it's exploring a new area of your city, or hopping a plane to another city. Taking a vacation is nice - from everyday life and your problems.

Now, I have to say my last 10 days of living can easily be described as interesting, frustrating, and stressful. Amongst the hustle and bustle of work and how hectic it can get sometimes, I was also in a nasty fender bender and have been dealing with auto body shops and insurance companies ever since. What a headache! On top of that, my car decided to stop starting early last week and it remains a mystery to me why this happened and how come it's working fine now. Not going to complain, but I did have a few choice words for my car before she (yes, I've concluded that my baby is a girl) smartened up! I joked with my family and friends that this was life's way of "screwing me over" because I decided to take a week off of work and go away for some me time. I got through, and though the car hasn't been fixed yet and the insurance companies will be contacting me while I'm away - I'm excited to put my Calgary life on pause this week and enjoy some relaxing moments in Vancouver with me, myself, and I (and of course my wonderful Uncle David who I am so excited to see and catch up with again!!)

On the agenda for Vancouver:
- check out the Vancouver Aquarium
- explore China Town
- Easter Dinner with Uncle David and friends
- reading on the beach
- bike Stanley Park (again...)
- shopping!!
- check out the food scene (on my list: The American Cheesesteak Company (restaurant owned by celebrity chef, the late Anthony Sedlak), Cactus Club Cafe (restaurant owned by celebrity chef Rob Feenie), Belgian Fries (featured on the Food Network show "You Gotta Eat Here")) - I'm a nerd!
- so many much needed conversations with Uncle David
- explore, explore, explore!

I'm already breathing deeper and feeling more relaxed thinking about this much needed vacation!


1 comment:

  1. This made me so happy, thinking of YOU being happy! Enjoy yourself, babe!

    ReplyDelete