Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello, my name is...

So, before I begin - shout out to my good friend and roommate Amanda for finally convincing me to start a blog. I hear her talking about her blog joyfully almost everyday, and it was at the supper table tonight that she got me hooked. Dearest Amanda, I can't guarantee that I will keep this up as frequently as you would suggest and I can't guarantee that I'll make it past a week, but it's worth a shot, right?



Welcome! This is my blog. I haven't really convinced myself yet that I'm the "blog writing" type, but I am going to try my hardest to keep this thing up! I tried once before - for exactly two weeks…long enough to express my love for the Olympics and rant and rave about each day's events. Then I abandoned the poor ol' blog. She didn't even see it coming!

For my first post, I wanted to spend a little time introducing my readers to me (even though I know most of you are probably some of my closest friends and may know most of what there is to know about me). But thanks for reading! Love you :)

10 Fun Facts about Me, Melissa!

1. I'm training to become a teacher. My first day in the classroom is tomorrow. I'm terrified, yet overwhelmed with excitement! Here begins a new chapter of my life.

2. I have never broken a bone. Not once. Never. (knock on wood).

3. Along with never breaking a bone, I've never had the chicken pox. Taught kids swimming lessons who broke out a couple of days later, and didn't catch them. I think i'm immune.

4. I have never died my hair. I love my hair colour, and people tell me all the time they are jealous. So, strawberry blonde I shall stay :)

5. I got my very first tattoo this summer with my best friend, Sara, by my side. (future blogpost?)

6. I love to cook. Everything about it. The way my hands smell afterwards, chopping, mincing, sauteing, etc. I always save chopping an onion to the last because it's my favorite thing to chop.

7. Speaking of loving to cook, the Food Network is my secret obsession! Everytime I go home, I spend my evenings watching hours of good foody TV!

8. One of my favourite movies to watch is My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I think I've watched it about 15 times, and I love it every single time!

9. I was always Ginger Spice, Sailor Venus and Blossom.

10. I will get to Italy! Someday! Sooner rather than later, please.

That's a little bit about me. Tell me a bit about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment