Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sara!

My best friend is celebrating her 25th birthday today! She's a very special person. I could write blog post after blog post about the memories, the reasons I love her, and the moments I cherish more than any other. She's my sister, my confidant, my shoulder to lean on, my rock. I always tell her that I really lucked out gaining a best friend as amazing as she is. She'll deny it - but she's truly the best! 

I know she isn't a fan of the show Sex and the City like I am, but I often am comparing our friendship to the bonds that Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda display on the show. I just recently re-watched all of the seasons in the spring and am brought back to two quotes spoken by Carrie during her monologues in the show: 

"It's hard to find people who would love you no matter what. I was lucky to find three of them." 

"Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates, and the guys are just people to have fun with."

Sara, 

On your birthday I want you to be reminded that I love you to the moon and back. We have both been through our fair share of heartaches, tribulations and trials, joys and successes, and happiness. You have been by my side from the moment we bonded over Tegan and Sara and DDR. I thank the stars often that I have you in my life. I truly believe that you are my soulmate, that we were meant to be friends because of fate. Everything happens for a reason, and having your friendship in my life has made me a more open-minded, trusting, and loyal human being. You have taught me what it means to love and be loved and to be trusted and respected. I am so happy that I get to help you ring in your 25th year together! Camping, bonding, and TEGAN AND SARA! 

Happiest birthdays to you, sister. Keep smiling and being the you that I love! 
xoxo 
Melissa 







No comments:

Post a Comment