Saturday, August 18, 2012

Here's to the First Week in Calgary!

I can't believe it's been a week since I arrived in Calgary! It sure has flown by. My head is spinning less, and I feel a bit more settled then I did last weekend. It'll be nice when we can move in to our own apartment and make it our home. Then it'll truly feel like I'm living in Calgary!

For now, here's an update on the highlights of this first week in Calgary! 


-- On Sunday Jenny, Andrea, Gary, myself, and a friend of Gary's went to Banff and Lake Louise for the day. When I was 13 I came to Alberta on an exchange trip and on that trip we went to Banff. However, I had never been to Lake Louise before and what a sight that was! I think that Banff and the surrounding area is one of the most beautiful places on this earth that I have ever been. I took lots and lots of pictures, but the camera doesn't do the view justice. I'll surely be visiting this place again!


 -- A handful of job applications were filled out this week, too. I've mostly been applying to Preschool Teaching jobs. Lots of opportunities here, just a matter of time I think. Keep your fingers crossed for me! 

-- I "mastered" the art of taking the Calgary transit all on my own. Even took Andrea and Jenny out and showed them how to get from our place to the Market Mall. I felt so grown up and like such a city girl, silly but true!

-- I went to the largest movie theatre I think I have ever been to. Jenny, Gary, Andrea and I went to see The Dark Knight Rises. I had already seen the movie before moving to Calgary, but it was worth going to see again. Plus, I got to see the huge Cineplex - and that in itself was a treat! 

-- I took my first trip to Ikea ever. What a nice store. This is Jenny's favourite store and I can see why. Now, to just find a job and make some money so I can afford nice things from Ikea! 

This weekend, I am meeting up with an old friend, Mollie, going to the Calgary Zoo, and sending out some more job applications.

One day at a time, this city is growing on me more and more.


1 comment: