Monday, December 14, 2015

Recipe: Baked Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce



I eat a lot of salmon. I have one go-to recipe and I usually stick with it every time I eat salmon, which is usually once a week. Sometimes I get bored of said recipe and I need to mix it up a bit. My friend Amanda was telling me about this "Lemon-Dill Sauce" she got at Ikea that she put on her salmon one night and really liked it. Just listening to her describe it made me drool! The next time I made salmon, I decided to try and make my own lemon dill sauce to top my basic go-to salmon recipe with. My first attempt at making it was a flop; way too much dill! The next time was better. And then the third time was OUT OF THIS WORLD good! I definitely don't think I'm a chef, but I certainly like to pretend I am one. My plating needs work (see sad attempt at plating in photo above), but I definitely think I got the taste nailed down! 

My "go-to" salmon recipe is simple: Salmon on a baking sheet; lightly coat with olive oil and squeeze of lemon; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a little chopped fresh dill; top with two lemon slices; bake for about 15 minutes. 


Lemon-Dill Sauce for Salmon
INGREDIENTS:

  • plain yogurt, 7 tbsp
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise 
  • 3 tbsp chopped, minced fresh dill
  • 1 clove garlic, minced finely 
  • 1 lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
-------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Spoon about 7 tablespoons of the plain yogurt and 1 to 1 and a half tablespoons of mayonnaise into a bowl. Mix together with a spoon. 
2. Finely chop the fresh dill and garlic and add to the bowl with the yogurt/mayonnaise mixture. 
3. I like my sauce bright with lots of lemon! So, I add the juice of the full lemon, but this might be too much for you. I suggest adding half a lemon first and tasting and if you want more, then add the other half. 
4. Stir together. 
5. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. 


I served my salmon with rice and a side of garlic roasted asparagus. I garlic roast all my vegetables lately: broccoli, green beans, brussels sprouts. I SLATHER my plate with this sauce. I went "light" for the photo op, but then sat at the table with the bowl of sauce beside me adding more and more. I mean, it's made from yogurt, so it's healthy right?! 

Try out this recipe and please comment and let me know what you think! Was it to lemony? Too dilly? Just right? What ways do you like to cook salmon? Let's share! 

1 comment:

  1. I might have just ate a cheeseburger, but you have me drooling all over again! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete