Monday, October 19, 2015

I Voted!


I live in China and I voted. I'm two years away from being #Harpered*, and I voted. It started by printing the application, filling out the application, scanning and printing a copy of my passport, faxing it all to Canada, calling and finding out they didn't get it, finding out from Amanda that I can apply online, applying online, getting a special ballot in the mail 5 days later, casting my vote, giving it to the Vice Principal so she can deliver it to the embassy, and done! 

If I can do that 3 week process, you can take 20 minutes out of your day to vote! Please take the time today to have your voice heard. VOTE! Do the thing that many people around the world don't have the right to do. VOTE! If you don't know who to vote for, check out this website: Strategic Voting. VOTE! I'm a firm believer in "if you don't vote, you don't get an opinion!" VOTE! 

#oustharper

I'm not trying to be all "look at me and what I did to vote, I'm amazing!" Because I'm not. I just want to motivate everyone to get out there to the polls today and vote! 

*Stephen Harper has made it impossible for people who have lived outside of the country for 5 years to vote. Many of my colleagues and friends here in China don't have a choice - they can't vote. You do! VOTE!

1 comment: