Tuesday, February 5, 2013

You Shall Not Pass!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring).


Ok, please don't roll your eyes when I say this...but until this past weekend, I had never watched any of The Lord of the Rings movies. Actually, I shouldn't say that. In high school I watched The Fellowship of the Ring at my best friend Sara's house. But, like every movie I watched at our sleepovers, I probably fell asleep. I honestly didn't remember anything about it when Jenny and Andrea suggested we watch the trilogy. Also, when they suggested we watched the trilogy I'm pretty sure their mouths dropped to the floor. I think there was mild disappointment on their parts from this revelation (as well as everyone else I've told since Sunday - yes Katie, that's you!) 

What did I think of the movie? .... AMAZING! But I didn't expect anything less. I CAN NOT WAIT to watch the next movie. 

Frodo and Sam and their "bromance" melts my heart.

I want Gandalf to give me advice everyday. My favourite quote from The Fellowship of the Ring is quoted above. Wow. Relevant! 

Can someone please explain to me how I waited this long to watch such an epic trilogy? K thanks.

1 comment:

  1. haha! I haven't watched them, either! I "watched" them with my first boyfriend in high school, but really, that meant falling asleep while he watched them. I've read The Hobbit, though! Does that count for something?

    ReplyDelete